Best 5 Fencing Pliers (2020)
All fencing pliers are designed for one similar main function. However, they are a little more advanced, which separates them from the typical set of pliers. Made by different manufacturing companies to meet different customer expectations, these pliers come with varied features that set them apart.
Here, we explore some of the best five fencing pliers you can choose from depending on your needs.
A List of Top 5 Best Fencing Pliers in 2020
TEKNO 3541 10-1/2 INCH Fencing Pliers
This multipurpose tool is designed specifically for wire fence installation, repair, and maintenance. It is a 7-in-1 pliers, which saves you a lot in acquiring different tools for different purposes.
It saves you from carrying around a heavy toolbox; hence, it is easy to work with for a long time. Among its cool features are:
- Hammer for driving in staples into wooden fence posts
- Sturdy staple claw for removing staples
- Two shear-type wire cutter placed strategically on either side of its pivot area
- 2 wire-splicing crimpers, one with a smooth edge for slicing less sturdy wire and the other for tougher fence wire
- Staple starter for holding staples ensuring the safety of your hands
- Gripping jaws for maximum gripping strength
- 2-wire splicer
Tekno 3541 pliers is made from an extremely strong vanadium material, which makes it very durable. Moreover, you enjoy magnificent grip and proper control of this sleek tool, which means improved safety.
- Durable and long-lasting
- 7 in 1 multipurpose pliers
- Versatile with slim, strong handle design
- Very safe to use
- Poor jaw grip when working with finer material (staple claws not well pointed)
IRWIN VISE-GRIP 10-1/4 Inch Fencing Pliers
This multi-function fencing tool can be used to fence both barbed and any other fencing wire. It is made of nickel-chromium, an extremely strong alloy that resists wear and corrosion; hence, it is ideal for the toughest fencing work and guarantees durability.
During fencing, its grooved hammerhead can be used to pound nails and staples into timber logs. The hammer has a sharp claw on the opposite side, sturdy enough to pull out the toughest and rusty nails.
For comfort in handling and usability for long without getting fatigued, the pliers handle has grips with complete ProTouch technology.
This pliers boasts an additional 1.25 inches jaw capacity designed with maximum gripping strength and can cut the thickest and toughest fencing wire.
- Non-slip and anti-pinch grip
- Ideal for both wooden and metallic posts
- Comes with an ergonomic handle design
- Grabbing staples with its tip is a little challenging
- Some customer reported non-satisfaction with the handle
Channellock 85 10-1/2 Inches Fencing Pliers
This plier comes in elegant design with a curved grip that allows for sufficient pressure when gripping fencing wire. It has rubber grip handles for comfort, thus capable of working with for long hours.
The pliers also comes with two different cutter sizes capable of cutting high tensile thicker and thinner fencing wires. The cutting shears are treated with laser heat, making them effective for a longer period.
This pliers is very versatile, capable of stretching, splicing, and cutting fencing wires. It also comes with a staple starter for safely holding your staples, ensuring fingers safety when hammering staples.
Furthermore, it has a hummer and staple puller for use in your fence posts (driving in and pulling out staples, respectively)
- Extremely versatile
- Elegant design and strongly built
- Safe to use with excellent grip and non-slip design
- Rusts over time not suitable in rainy environments
- Overpriced and not for everyone on a tight budget
- Wide inside grip jaws not good for finer material
DEWALT DWHT70273 Fencing Pliers
This pliers comes from one of the companies that prides itself with most professionals’ durable and reliable tools. The versatile pliers has padded handles for excellent and comfort in your hands. It can be used for cutting, splicing, and pulling staples.
Additionally, it comes with a two-wire cutter that can effortlessly stretch and splice high-tensile fencing wire. The stretcher features also work well in tightening sagging fencing wires.
It is, however, made of softer metal that scratches over time. Also on the downside is its wide gripper between the handle, which can be a little uncomfortable.
- Best for the money
- Reliable hammer face
- Prone to scratches
- Gripper between handles a little too wide
Crescent 10-inch Heavy Duty Fencing Pliers
Made of forged alloy steel for enhanced strength and durability, this pliers also comes with a corrugated head for enhanced rigidity.
It has a very sharp staple claw efficient for pulling off rusty or strongly hammered staples. It comes with two wire cutters that are electronically hardened for cutting high tensile fence wires.
The pliers has a special opening and a polished head for easier staple and fence wire gripping during installation or maintenance.
Its non-slip handles allow for a firm grip during squeezing and twisting. It is also very sturdy, making it reliable even in the most demanding fencing applications.
However, its handle’s red rubber grip comes off easily and does very little in offering comfort.
- Special grip for removing staples
- Heavy duty and carefully designed
- Not comfortable
- Grips come off easily
- Not ideal for users with small hands
In summary, having reviewed the features, pros, and cons of these five fencing pliers, depending on your needs, it is advisable to pay attention to; the pliers’ functionality, comfort and ease, durability, endurance, maintenance cost, and of course, price.