Top 10 Best Wheelbarrows for Gardening 
What to consider before buying your first wheelbarrow? Is it for for any size garden? Or is it for your small yard, farm, or backyard landscaping? You may have come across a wheelbarrow in a construction site or farms, or home gardens. A wheelbarrow is a hand-driven cart with one wheel two handles at the rear. Our list will walk you through top 10 best wheelbarrows for gardening or firewood.
A List of Top 10 Best Wheelbarrows for Gardening in 2020
Browse our reviewed products
MARATHON DUAL WHEEL
This is a light wheelbarrow that is not hard to push around the farm. We like the air-filled wheels, which makes it easy to lift, balance and maneuver. Overall, it’s one of top best wheelbarrows for gardening we recommend in this review.
- Loop handle
- lightweight, ergonomic design
- Features a rust-proof 5-cubic foot poly tray and 300-pound load capacity
- Easy to assemble
WORX AEROCART MULTIFUNCTIONAL WHEELBARROW
It is also convertible to a dolly among others, its size is three cubical feet, weighing in at 48 pounds. It is also two-wheeled like the marathon dual wheel. Made of strong material, it’s durable yet very light.
- Instantly converts from wheelbarrow to dolly and more
- Patented design
- Flat-free tires mean zero maintenance
- Heavy-duty steel build
- Included seat increases comfort
POLAR TRAILER LG7 LAWN AND GARDEN TRAILER
The adjustable pivot arm is flexible. You can easily attached this Polar Trailer to a tractor. Made of heavy duty polyethylene tub, the wheelbarrow is great for heavy loads.
- Heavy-duty polyethylene tub
- All steel frame with powder coat finish
- Shielded ball bearings
- Quick release tipper latch
- Easy to assemble
jackson M6T22 CONTRACTOR WHEELBARROW
Well assembled, the metal used is thicker and well built. The wooden arms are not smooth as it has a knobby tread tubed tire with grooves.
- Heavy-duty steel tray
- Patented leg stabilizers
- 40% more tip-resistant
- Heavy duty wood handles
SIMPLE 3 EASY HAUL PLASTICWHEELBARROW
As the name suggests this wheelbarrow is a plastic kind of wheelbarrow, it has very big loop-shaped handles for an easier grip. Unlike other wheelbarrows, it has only a part of them being plastic this is entirely plastic. Its surface is bowled like to enable to hold more products in it. It is also 2 wheeled for stability purposes.
- Durable, heavy duty plastic wheelbarrow
- Smart easy to tilt design
- 2 easy grip handles for stable loading and unloading
- Extra deep with 4 cubic feet of heaped capacity for heavy loads
- Heavy duty, double wall resin build
- Made in the USA
24 VOLT ASSIST WHEELBARROWS
This wheelbarrow is motor driven by a 24volt battery, it has two independently movable wheels, it is controlled by a switch which is found at the handles which enable it to move forward and back. The handles are are comfortable to move the wheelbarrow around. Lightweight, this wheelbarrow is great for most gardeners to speed up heavy duty work. Overall, the 24 Volt Assist is one of the best electric wheelbarrows for most people.
- 200lb capacity
- 24V battery-operated drive system
- Independent two-wheel drive
- Simple push-button forward and reverse control
- Perfect for hauling dirt, sod, sand, shrubs, rocks and more
GARDEN STAR 70018
This is an all-purpose kind of garden cart, it is a bit lighter than the Worx Aero cart, it has one wheel and two handles at the rear that are a bit inclined. The garden star is easy to assemble in 5 amazing steps and with 6 bolts.
- 4 cubic foot lightweight powder-coated steel tray
- Rust resistant zinc handles and legs
- Easy to assemble in 5 simple steps
GORILLA CART GOR4PS
This new generation gorilla cart makes works easier when moving and offloading materials on any kind of terrain. Using 4 wheels and a single pivotal handle, it can move on either side. It comes with pneumatic tires that can move on any surface. The four tires make it easy to move and be steady in balance.
- Patented quick-release dump feature
- New frame design
- Durable 38.7-inch x 20-inch rust-proof poly bed and 10-inch pneumatic tires
- Padded pull handle makes it easy to pull up to 600-pounds
- 1-year limited warranty
Made of heavy material, the wheelbarrow comes with strong wood handles. Undeniably, it’s one of the best wheelbarrows for heavy duty gardening tasks. Easy to assemble, you’ll never go wrong with this JACKSON M6T22 wheelbarrow.
- Heavy-duty steel tray braces
- Glide-ring design on steel trays won’t catch shovels or hoes
AMES TRUE TEMPER R6STSP25
Made to surpass tests of time, this 27 inches high will prevent you from bending so low while hauling it. Built of durable steel, it’s strong and rugged. Comfortable handles at the edge of the steel arms are great for most gardeners.
- 6 cubic foot steel tray
- Steel handles
- Comfort end grips for less fatigue
- Single wheel
- Flat-free tire never needs air
Good to Know
How to choose a wheelbarrow?
Lightweight plastic wheelbarrow is easy to move around with heavy loads in it. The wheels and handle grips should be smooth and comfortable. Save your energy!
What is the average size of a wheelbarrow?
The standard size wheelbarrow you should get available in a variety of volumes: from 2 cubic feet on up to much larger sizes such as 6 cubic feet for a contractor-grade wheelbarrow. If you need a wheelbarrow for gardening, you should get the one with a deep basin to hold 3 cubic feet.
With this review, you can now pick the best wheelbarrows for gardening. It is important to clean the wheelbarrow after use to prevent rust. When not in use, you should make it stand on its tip against the wall.