Top 10 Best Hard Shell Roof Top Tents
When going for an adventure, it can be difficult to choose which hard shell roof tent is best. But here is a list of the best hard shell roof top tents.
These hard shells roof tops is that they are strong and stable even though they are quite heavy and a bit pricey. They are quite worth the money as they last for a very long time. Another good thing is that they are many to spoil choice.
Best Trekking Poles for Hunting
A List of Top 10 Best Hard Shell Roof Top Tents
Gen3 expedition Shell Roof Top Tent
If you’re adventurous and like aerodynamics will find this a delightful treat. One is usually able to mount off-road equipment such as awnings due to its strong aluminum frame. It is quite spacious as it is a bit wider than the earlier tents.
- After the hardtop has been lifted it reveals an interior canvas and awning.
- One is protected from the elements by the awning which is resistant to both UV and water.
- While inside there is the polyethylene foam which is closed-cell to provide insulation.
- Both the door and windows are covered with premium quality mosquito net.
- The tent has a track meant for mounting and rails which can be slotted through nuts.
- It is quite comfortable as it comes along with a high density mattress.
- It also a USB charge point.
ARB Simpson III
This is such an ideal hardtop tent for adventurers who dislike heavy loads.
- It is quite easy to unpack due to the fact that it has streamlined design
- It is quite spacious as it measures 55inches by 94
There is great comfort provided by the foam mattress
- The windows are equipped with insect screens hence one is protected from the mosquito bites
- It weighs about 170 pounds which is not that heavy hence allows for easy setup
- It has a tough fabric which offers great support to the elements.
Smittybilt Overlander Shell Roof Tent
Despite its price, it guarantees its prospective user of 4.6 stars.
- It can comfortably accommodate 2-3 adults.
- It is 600D heavy-duty waterproof top and rain fly; sunroof; side windows with mosquito netting.
- It is easy to set up and take down.
- Also, it has a heavy duty PVC cover keeps tent dry and free from UV rays when not in use.
- It can be used by any type of vehicle and it can be customized to fit one’s preference.
Roofnest sparrow X Shell Roof Top Tent
It is quite large hence very spacious.
- It can comfortably accommodate two adults.
- Its length is 82 and its width is 48inches.
- It has an impressive gas mileage which is brought about by fiberglass which is reinforced for the sole purpose of aerodynamics.
- There is also the reduction of noise which is brought about by coating of the interior by soft foam.
- It has mesh windows which have zip closures.
- It is quite adaptable due to the fact that it can be attached directly.
- It is quite easy and one takes a short time to install it.
Yakima SkyRise Shell Roof Top Tent
- It is available in two sizes that is the small and medium sizes
- One can also choose from a variety of colours
- It take a short period of time to set it up
- Its tent’s poles are made from aluminium while fabric of the very tent is made from denier fabric
- It comes along with a comfortable 2.5 inch mattress
It includes a cover which can be removed.
There is great ventilation brought about by the mesh panels
- One can also star gaze quite comfortable that is brought about by the two skylights
- During heavy rains there is the protection offered by the rainfly.
Mt Rainier Shell Roof Top Tent
- It is able to accommodate comfortably three sleeping adventurers
- One can choose to include an annex which is hang at the side of the motor vehicle
- Its dimensions are 8 feet by 6 ft
- One can enjoy natural day lights due to the many windows and skylights which are two in number
- It comes along with a foam mattress
- The annex can accommodate a ladder
- It also comes along with PVC which is removable to protect your feet from rocks and dirt
- The tent has an aluminium frame which is quite strong and poly fabric which is water and mold-proof.
Tepui Baja series Shell Roof Top Tent
- It can be used anytime of the year due to its canopy that can be interchanged. The interchangeable is brought about by the zipper gimp.
- There is also a removable mesh which is ideal in the hot conditions to bring some cool air in.
- It is light weight especially the nylon canopy and the aluminiumized canopy during rainstorms.
- It includes a telescoping ladder.
- One is able to enjoy a great view though the spacious interior design.
- It has a high density mattress for great comfort while sleeping.
- The windows are dressed with mosquito nets.
- It has a long-lasting PVC.
Explorer Shell Roof Top Tent
- There is great comfort offered by its 2inch foam mattress however one can decide to take the one with a three inch mattress.
- It can accommodate comfortably two people.
- There is great ventilation brought about by five doors especially the two side ones which can alternatively work as windows.
- Its rear latches can be locked.
- Its ladder is made from aluminium hence very sturdy.
- It has side pouches.
- It is compatible with many roof rack bars hence it is relatively simple to set it up.
Tentbox Shell Roof Top Tent
Why we recommend this product? First thing first, it’s a large box with built in memory foam mattress. And it has space for 2 adults.
- It has a box-like design
- It has a comfortable thick mattress
- It has a fiberglass shell
- There is great ventilation brought about by the two windows
- It can comfortably fit two grown ups
- It has two hook which are meant for hanging
- It has a two side pockets
- It can also be used by smaller cars
Falcon Shell Roof Top Tent
This is quite a long-lasting and comfortable hard shell roof top.
- It has a comfortable foam mattress
- It has a light aluminium ladder
- It is available in the regular and XL sizes
- The regular size can accommodate two people while XL can accommodate three people
- It can accommodate roof racks
- It is approximately 6 inches which helps in the noise reduction.
- Its frame is made from aluminium hence quite long-lasting.