Are you new to hog hunting and wondering what gear to bring? Weather conditions and hunting location play a significant role in determining what to wear for hog hunting. If you’re hunting in cold weather, it’s recommended to have long underwear, rain gear, insulated or uninsulated jackets, gloves, and boots. For a successful hunt, it’s essential to have the best hog hunting gear, so make sure to have a checklist of the equipment you’ll need.
If you’re looking for the best wild hog hunting destination, Piney Creek Ranch in East Texas is an excellent choice. They offer a clean, safe, and fun environment for hunting feral hogs.
However, hunting wild hogs comes with potential health risks, as they can carry diseases and parasites like roundworm, pseudorabies, and swine brucellosis. Always wear disposable gloves and eye protection, and ensure that you cook the meat thoroughly before eating it.
Hogs love sweet corn, which makes it the best wild hog bait. Also, wild pigs can run up to 30 mph, so make sure you’re prepared for a quick chase if needed.
A List of Top Best Hog Hunting Gear
Browse our content
Walker’s Razor Slim Electronic Hearing Protection
One of the best-sellers product in the Hunting & Shooting Earmuffs category, the Razor series also feature Walkers new comfort fit headband for all day shooting, and come in a host of color options. Designed and engineered in The U.S.A, this top rated product won’t disappoint at the rifle range and during hog hunting. Overall, it’s a great idea to have every advantage over the wild hogs and electronic hearing protection does just that.
- Razor” ultra-thin rubberized cups
- 2 omni directional microphones
- Sound activated protection over 89 dB at 0.02 reaction time
- Noise reduction rating of 23dB
- Operates on 2 ‘AAA’ batteries- included
ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope
What is the best scope for hog hunting in the market we can buy? Love night time hunting? With the ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope, you get crystal clear view of your subjects, specially if you upgrade the IR Illuminator. The night vision performance is simply superb. This scope is not lightweight, but not as bad as a pulsar thermal scope. Eye relief? It’s just excellent. We definitely recommend this the ATNX Sight scope as an excellent day/night vision for most hunters.
- Ultra HD Sensor – Ultra HD 4K Sensor with our Obsidian 4 Dual Core Processor
- Ballistic Calculator
- Dual Stream Video Recording
- RAV (Recoil Activated Video)
Shadow Tech, LLC PIGlite-CF4 Carbon Fiber Tripod
The best tripod for hunting is ideal for most outdoor enthusiasts. With the backpacker and hunter in mind, the PIGlite-CF4 saves weight where it counts. Compatible with both ball heads, and directly mounting the Shadow Tech LLC HOG Saddle or PIG Saddle, the PIGlite-CF4 is a great tripod option for those looking to gain that edge in the field.
- The center column can fully rotate 365 degrees
- Lightweight aluminum body,
- 4 section 28mm carbon fiber legs with adjustable cam levers (8 layers of carbon fiber), with a 24lb heavy duty weight rating
- A removable, load bearing hook
- A short center column
GearOZ Hunting Spotlight Kit
A must-have gear for hog hunting is a top rated spotlight. Lightweight, it’s also very sturdy when holding. The handle has a rubber feel to it, so it’s not slick metal. Comes with a car charger, the GearOz Hunting Spotlight Kit is easy to use. Let’s light up the night sky.
- Super-bright LED light with 10W high power, extreme long range 1000 yards visibility
- Tactical red dot sight aiming your targets 500 yards away
- Equipped with red and green lens for scanning, coyotes, predators, coons, varmints, hogs
- 4800 mAh rechargeable lithium batteries
- Aircraft aluminum alloy body
- Durable and waterproof
- Switch between 4 different lighting modes
What is best caliber for hog hunting?