Best Horse Blankets 
When it comes to choosing a horse blanket for horses, you will have a few choices to choose. Lightweight, waterproof, and size are what to look into before buying horse blankets. Typically, horses can stand against hash weather. Yet, this doesn’t mean that a good blanket is not essential at all. A blanket can help protect your horse from insects and aids cooling, too. What is the best horse blanket for winter? Let’s read on to find out more!
Also: Best Horse Fly Masks
A List of Top Best Horse Blankets in 2020
Weatherbeeta ComFiTec Airflow Detach Neck
We recommend this Weatherbeeta ComFiTec because we love the nylon lined shoulders that reduce the possibility of rub. The polyester mesh material used for this blank is just great for most horses. Our favorite feature of this product is the removable elastic web leg straps that move and stretch with the horse to ensure comfort and fit. Overall, it’s also beautiful.
- Soft durable polyester mesh
- Elasticized, adjustable belly wrap
- Full wrap tail flap and traditional side gussets
- Detachable neck
- Ezi-clip front closure
- Traditional shoulder gussets
- Adjustable belly wrap
- 210T Nylon lined shoulders, mane and tail flap
TuffRider Comfy Mesh Fly Sheet
The product is one of the best-sellers for a good reason. The price is just perfect. The shoulder lining that prevents rubbing while giving comfort. In addition to this, the TuffRider Comfy Mesh Fly Sheet can reflects sun’s rays about 50% UV protection. This fly sheet gives lightweight insect protection and helps protect your horse’s coat from fading. In addition to this, the polyester fabric is also soft for your horse’s comfort.
- Adjustable low cross surcingles
- 100% Polyester
- Stainless steel twin buckle front closures
- The polyester fabric is also soft for your horse’s comfort
AMIGO Mio Combo Flysheet 75
By providing up to 95% UV protection, this Amigo horse blank, made from soft knitted polyester mesh, makes it easy for the horse to breath. And it’s very comfortable when covered. Also, it’s the best value for the price.
- Non-detachable fixed hood
- Classic front closures
- Fillet strings
- Ultra breathable
- Patented from leg arch
- Integrated neck cover
Rambo Horseware Protector Fly Sheet
By using durable fabric, the Rambo Horseware blanket will protect your horses against flies and sunlight. Most horse owners use this blanket sheet to minimize fading on their black horse’s coat.
- Removable neck cover
- Supersized tail flap, leg arches, belly protection, V-front closure, shoulder and mane lining
- Made from super-durable Rambo Protector fabric
- Super-size tail flap
- Belly protection and a neck cover
- V-front closure
HILASON 66-84 Inches Horse Fly Sheet Uv Protect Mesh Bug Mosquito Summer Spring
You’ll just love this American flag blanket on your horses. It’s quite patriotic. Isn’t it? In addition to this, this Hilason horse blanket was made with great quality materials to last. This blanket’s high quality Poly/nylon mesh will allow air circulation and keep insects and bugs away from your horses.
- Double Buckle Front
- Neck and belly wrap with “quick grip” closure
- Patriotic USA Flag
- UV protection for your horseDouble Buckle Front
- Neck and Belly wrap with “quick grip” closure
- White Plaid
Shires Sweet-Itch Combo Fly Sheet
Breathable and lightweight are the best thing in this horse blanket from Shires Sweet-Itch. If you’ve got horses with with critical bug bite allergies, then you should get this sheet. Ideally, you can use it for outdoor.
- Blocks over 90% of the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Adjustable chest buckle closures
- Breathable and lightweight
- Blocks over 90% of the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Anti-rub lining on neck, chest, and shoulders
- Deep shoulder gussets
Tough-1 1200D Snuggit Turnout 300g
Very easy to adjust, the Tough-1 Snuggit Turnout is also sturdy and warm. This blanket is adjustable, which is great. You can make this fit your horse well! The neck adjustment also keeps this from rubbing him and from hitting nerves. We love this good quality blanket for the price. You can adjust up to fit your horse nicely. You’ll just love how you can adjust around the neck to keep wind out better.
- Waterproof, coated outer shell with taped seams and seamless spine
- Breathable and moisture-wicking
- Rugged on the outside while nice and warm on the inside
Horseware Amigo Bravo 12 All in One Heavy Turnout Rug Chocolate/Chocolate & Cream 5-9 by Horseware
This product isn’t cheap. But you’ll get the best quality for the price. We love its design, which is mainly for maximum security and comfort. In addition to this, the polyester waterproof and breathable outer are essential.
- Seamless neck join
- 1200 denier outer
- 400g fill in both the rug and neck
- Polyester lining
Horseware Rambo Stable Plus w/Vari-Layer 450g
Want to give your horse the warm comfort and protection during winter? The Horseware Rambo Stable Plus is one of the top recommendations in this review. Why? Well, this blanket is really good quality and warm (great for winter). And the price is good too.
- Detachable hood included
- Comes with vari-layer technology
- Includes patented v-front closure
- Has microfibre lining and tail flap
Should I blanket a horse in winter? You should get a blanket that’s well fitted, waterproof in the rain, and rated for the weather.
Which is the best heavy-duty horse blankets?
Breathable insulation and moisture barrier are your horse’s best friend during the winter. Giving your horse the comfort and extra protection is the first thing to do. This review covers everything you need to know before buying the top rated blankets. Your horse it not a pet. Give great love to him with the most comfortable blanket you can afford.
Browse our reviewed products