Top 10 Best Fences for Goats 
Goats are awesome animals. Not only for commercial purposes, they’re our companion as well. They are cute, playful, and fun. Due to their curiosity, goats sometimes get eager to venture out for food. However, it is good to have a safe and secure area for your goats. This makes goat fencing important and necessary. In this list, you’ll find our recommendations of top best fences for goats.
A List of Top 10 Best Fences for Goats in 2020
Browse our reviewed products
Premier electric fence
The premier electric fence for goats is one of the best fences to cage your goats. This fence is popular for its user friendly. Easy to install and manage, it comes with inbuilt posts. Therefore, they are easy to erect on the ground. Another advantage is that they are electric.
- Effectively contains goats, sheep, cattle, and pigs
- Repels coyotes, foxes, dogs and bears
Gallagher Smart Fence
Just as the name suggests, this type of fence contains smart features such as artificial intelligence. This makes it one of the best goat fences in the market. Other than its smart design, the fence also combines the posts, reels, and the wires into one single system. If you like moving your goats from one pasture of the other, this is the ideal type of fence for you. We recommended for containment of animals trained to electric fence.
- Quick and easy to install and take down
- Easy to carry and store
- Posts, reels and wire in one convenient system
- 4 wires, ten posts and 100m (330ft) length
Square Wire Fencing
Here is another great type of fence for caging goats. Designed with 4-inch wire squares, this fence is often strong enough to allow your goats to lean on them without much effect. For those looking for a non-electric fence, here is what you should consider. It restricts your goat’s movements without causing any harm to them. The wires are smoothened and small enough to allow your goats to peep through. You should buy over 48 inches high fence to prevent goats from leaping over.
- Strong confinement & deters animals from putting their heads through the fence
- Strong mesh design
Woven Field Fence
If you are looking for a budget-friendly goat fence, you should look for a woven field fence. Other than the prices, these fences work just fine and serve the same purpose as the other fences. They contain larger holes that allow goats heads to peep through. Also, they can serve you for a long period if properly maintained.
- Ccompletely made of steel
- Safely install or repair your fence with the confidence that it will not bend or break
Yardgard Galvanized Fence
Made from a welded and galvanized wire, this 50 feet tall roll is easy unroll and install. Due to their zinc coating, the wires are capable of withstanding corrosion and rust. Therefore, they are most convenient in moist regions where corrosion takes a toll. You can also it for a variety of garden purposes, other than goat fencing. It has a sturdy structure that stands independently without putting any additional posts.
- Made with galvanized zinc coating which offers rust-resistant durability
Barbed Wire Goat Fence
This is another great fence for goats. While people tend to avoid it for its spikes, it can always be a great option when a barrier is needed. The fence is also affordable and easy to install and maintain.
- Wire tension curve, uniformly zinc coated
- Prevents wild animals and predators from entering the farm to attack sheep and livestock
- Confines small sheep and stubborn goats
Black Metal Rectangular Fence
Black Metal Rectangular Fence is usually designed with rectangles, which gets smaller as you get to the bottom of the fence. This function prevents your goats from escaping through the rectangles. Made from heavy-duty materials, the fence is durable.
- For boundary and interior fencing
- Features stiff-stay knot and wire tension curve
- Mesh spacing prevents sheep and goat from stepping through the fence
Natural Wood Slats
Natural Wood slat fencing is often made with posts and alternating thick and thin slats. Apart from being environmentally friendly, this fence helps your goats to stay safe from external attacks.
- Bamboo poles
Bamboo Pen Goat Fence
This type of fence is made using bamboo poles and posts. Smaller poles are made to go through bamboo posts creating a secure and beautiful goat fence. Therefore, if you are an environmental enthusiast, this is the best ideal fence for you.
- Thick walled bamboo poles
- Nylon coated heavy galvanized wire
Wrought Iron Goat Fence
For those living in rural places, this type of fence is good for your goats. Wrought Iron Fence is a metal fence that is strong and beautiful. This helps prevent predators from accessing your home or attacking your goats.
- A coat of black PVC for extra strength and durability while preventing rust and corrosion
- Fencing stretches out to 50 feet allowing you to cover large areas of space whether it involves farming, gardening, and more!
No one understands the benefits of a goat fence better than a goat farmer. These fences restrain your valued animals and keep the predators out. Besides, they prevent your goats from getting lost into the wild or getting into unwanted areas. Therefore, as mentioned above, are today’s best fences for goats you should get.